Tuesday 19 January 2010

My Year in Scrap Pages


*One of my favourite photos from the year, taken just before a really good chirch session.


*My dreams keep me alive, putting them into action means I am living. Yessorie.


*My ticket meant my adventure was becoming real. A letter from Mom, and from the gappers before us. A photo I took of Canford, And of course a not very good drawing of the union jack.


*My work timetable, pics of the people I interacted every day, my speech for the Aids charity I organised, Hilary Lever - our mentor for the year, amazing woman. And Roz being a squirral.


*My girls I coached rowing to, and my dearest U14 Hockey team. Other shells and 4th formers that I became quite attached to, and the most specail lady int he world, Jane Isaacs. She was like my 2nd gran while I was there, always up for a chat and so lovely in general. Also a few there at Bournemouth beach:)


*A picture of all of us at the White Hart. I made really good friends with these people, and working at a pub in old town England is something never to forget about. The Summer Ball at Canford, amazing night. And a whole page dedicated to hitting the Bournemouth nightlife.


*Rose Delaveau, my aussie roommate for the first half of the year. She was awesome, and will definitely be a friend for life. Although she got very homesick and left early - my memories with her are still just as good. I'll never forget the day we bunked work to go get Ben & Jerrys ice cream in the freezing weather. But was so worth it :)


*Barcelona, a holiday with about 10euros spending money per day. But probably one of the most memorable spontaneous trips I have ever done. Also, my road trip to Henley with Roz, which is where I met Lucy and Alex. and going to Wimbledon with Rose.


*Nickelback concert with Vicky, that night reminded me so much of Mom, Thorpe Park with Rose, and seeing The Parlotones open up for Starsailor with Sam, we were the only South Africans in the crowd, and were really freaking everyone else out by screaming so loudly for the opening band.:) Then the page for all the UK travelling I did. I fell in love with travelling last year.


*Salisbury, Bath, Durham, Manchester, Cardiff and one of my favourite places, Edinburgh. This is where I travelled alone, found a hostel and met Amanda Troilette - an really awesome American friend.


*After meeting America, we went to Brighton together. Then Oxford with Ruth, where I stood where Harry Potter stood. Well not really him, but the actor. haha, then a page for the family I became much closer to who are form the UK. Chloe and Lauren, my 2nd cousins, and myAunt, who actually lives in NY, and my cousin Thomas, her beautiful son.


*A taste of South Africa, my visit from my mom and Greg, and gran and gramps, also seeing Laura for a night. Awesome seeing my family. Then a page with post cards, letters and notes sent from home while I was there. <3


*The last page of the Europe part of my scrapbook, putting that in later.. But the first page of a spectacular city. I have the greatest passion for London and without a doubt will be returning. I saw in it everything positive that other people who had lived there all their lives found negative. I truly loved everything about it.


*London by day, soaking up everything I could in a very short space of time. I think to see everything in ldn you have to live there. Maybe one day:)


*And London by night <3 And of course, Gapper parties at St George's College. This is where I met most of my gap friends. Good, and very very messy nights:)


*If any place could have made me love Drama and theatre even more than I already do, its England and the West End. Wow. Then the next few are dedicated to the wonderous place known as the Church. A place for many foreigners in England, every Sunday afternoon, always good to dress up, and of course somewhere to totally let loose. I had some of the best times here.




*The best thing about my year was probably the people I met. The friends I made are honestly some of the best people I have ever come across, and will never be forgotten.




*This is Roz. We always got on but after Rose left, Roz and I spent loads of time together and really made a big friendship. She is really fun, laid back and I think we just got each other. I miss her the most I think, but hopefully will see her soooon.


*These are cherished memories of where I lived, some good bye messages and The Canford Christmas Party, which was a disaster but such a jam at the same time. Partly because Roz ended up in the gutter haha, I'll never forget this place.


*And my last page, Roz taking my to the airport, some more goodbye messages, and one of my favourite poems. I also put some Aussie and Brit lingo in here afterwards.

This year was so much fun, And words can literally not explain the memories I made and the people I met. Gap year after university? I think so. :) Europe pages still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment