Friday 19 November 2010

Love actually is, everywhere

In procrastination for studying for my Drama exam today, I was surfing Youtube and came across the new T-mobile advert in England. They have another one where everyone sings in Trafalgar Square, but this one reminded me so much of one of my favourite films, Love Actually. This quote says it all:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around."

Love is probably one of the most important things in life, without it - you really don't have much. Whether it is love of a family, a friend, a companion or love for the world - it pops up somewhere in your life. In big or small pieces, love is everywhere. Finding love in life makes you realise how important it id, and how important it makes you feel :) When that person leaves - its shows how much they mean to you, and how hard it would be to not have them around.


When we are born, our parents forget about their own hunger and turn to ours, they feed us love and when we are old enough, we learn to give back. Loving someone in any shape or form means having to give compassion, no matter what kind of love it is. It brings with it all other kinds of emotions, and without love - those emotions wouldn't be as powerful as they are.

With that, I leave you with this video - and getting this down means I can continue with some Drama learning, because after all, I may not enjoy studying, but I love Drama.


No comments:

Post a Comment