Monday 1 November 2010

Something different

I put up a post recently with all my favourite artists. But all of them have passed on, so it got me thinking of artists today - ones of our time, and why I am drawn to them. We all have to appreciate the classics, yes? But we can't live for the now if we don't acknowledge whats going down around us right?

The first artst that came to mind was one I discovered last year when I walked past one of his works on the street. Bansky is a British graffiti artist, political activist and painter whose identity is unconfirmed - which makes him even cooler. His street art is satirical, subversive and combines irreverent dark humour with graffiti.

After many debates during Art classes at school, inspiration from Mona Lisa Smile and thoughts from my own head - I have decided that art lacks a satisfactory definition. It is certainly one of the most subjective topics of the world, and it should stay that way. Art is not something to be judged. It has to be looked at with both eyes, wide open and ready to accept or reject, with reason of course.

So with that, I give rise to Banksy - with an open mind, an admiration and after looking through a few works, definitely some sort of love.







No comments:

Post a Comment