Thursday 15 October 2009

Rolling on

Just realised I definitly should have started this earlier on in the year.

Booo. Oh well, never too late.

But if I could have started it earlier I would have told tales of how scared I really was to leave home for a year at 18 - an how I pretended I wasn't. But also of how excited I was. And ready.




Been working at Canford School in Dorset, UK since Jan of this year, I coached Rowing in the freeeeezing cold - but it wasn't too bad. Coaching is very different to actually taking part,which I miss a lot.

I made new friends, I have been working at a pub, I have travelled a lot, I have put up with lazy but lovely teenage girls really, I have bought my own groceries, beenthrough tough times, but have threaded out the most brilliant memories on a very warm and bright quilt - but I have now realised after these past 9 months of being lucky enough to travel and experience independence like I have {thank you mom and dad} - that there is more, isn't there?

I want to see more, and do more. I want to work with people all over the world - I want to help people and experience their lives with them. I read once that there are no foreign countries an lands, the only thing foreign is the traveller. Agreed. I want that - I want to be the foreign taveller in my life - living and seeing things with my own eyes.




I am busy working on an article for Canford's school magazine. Having a bit, okay no - scratch that, a LOT of writer's block. Haha it has been a while since I have actually sat down and written something. But it will come. I'll probably put it up here.

And soon enough, when another day in dorset passes by and I find myself sitting in my flat watching yet another episode of friends - I will start posting bits ad bobs from the way-overdue gap year blog. It will be wild and expressive :)

**Sittin' here alone I'm lookin' back on where I've roamed
And laughing how I swore I'd win and not get burned
Left my family
Left my home
I worked my fingers to the bone
And there was not a stone I did not leave unturned

And I was havin' a good time
Roll on Roll on Roller Coaster

 We're one day older and one step closer
Roll on there's mountains to climb

Roll on we're on borrowed time
Roll on Roller coaster
Roll on tonight
Roll on tonight yeah

** Roll On by KidRock - reminds me of Mom <3

No comments:

Post a Comment