Sunday 16 May 2010

I'll paint my life on this unlimited sheet of canvas




We had to write a piece on who we are in the world for Journalism before exams, and how different things influence us. It is probably important to know yourself and who you are - so here is mine, adapted to sound a little less journalism'istic'... :)

I am an enthusiast. I am intuitive. I have a ton of vision. I am an extrovert. I want to understand the world, to experience it. I absorb ideas and am quick in sizing up a situation. I excite in the thought of new ideas. I look beyond the surface to understand things. I am flexible and learn to adapt quickly. I constantly want to learn more. I am very aware of the possibilities this world has to offer me; I crave adventure. I like to finish what I start, I get things done. I am organised, but more importantly – I am spontaneous. My mind has a lot of thoughts about a lot of things, sometimes too many. I am inventive, creative. I enjoy conversation. I engage in silly topics that make me laugh but I enjoy thought-provoking, deeply interesting ones too.

I am light-hearted – but may seem intense when I express things I feel strongly about. I would make a very bad criminal lawyer, because I am too sympathetic and sensitive to people’s feelings – and would not be able to put my feelings aside in order to be logical. I look at the bigger picture in situations of conflict and rarely react with negative emotions.
I am upbeat, I am prone to giggle, and I am an optimist. I value knowledge and challenging myself. I am very, very curious. I enjoy interacting with people. I am fascinated by the different kinds of people that walk this world. I am gregarious and friendly and so I try my best not to judge before I get to know someone. I am a pacifist.


I am not afraid to feel, or to express myself; I write, I paint, I act, I dance. I am really good at opening up my heart. I am not afraid of love. I am not afraid to feel sad, and I miss people that are not a big part of my life anymore; but I am able to move on and look at the bigger picture. When I love, I open myself up to the positive and the negative, and love no matter what, with all my heart. I am a risk taker, but I am cautious with people’s feelings. I am intimate, and a loyal friend. And I laugh, I laugh a lot.



I am gentle, caring and complex. I am an artist. I put faith into my instincts and intuitions, but I take in other people’s opinions. I look for the good in people. I am patient. I live in the present moment, but I dream about the future all the time. Creative, and absolutely ridiculous dreams. I always want to be active. I make the best out of situations that aren’t necessarily the best. But I also get weak sometimes, and need the help and support of my family or friends. I love music, all kinds. And my imagination is wild and vivid.

I value my independence and am able to be alone. But I wouldn’t be the same without the ones I love in my life. I put other’s needs above my own a lot, and I genuinely care for people. I like to be involved in the things that happen around me, or in activities I take part in. I appreciate the world around me and the people in it. I trust easily, and I am kind. I try look for the good in people. I would rather create harmony than pick arguments. I take time just to think, or sit in the shade and read.

I have travelled, and will travel more. But I am proudly, proudly South African. I have loved, and will love more. I have left my mark in places. I treasure my life. And I want to fulfil it still with the most crazy, adventurous and ridiculous wholesome experiences. I am ready for whatever comes my way, and want to embrace it with all the energy that runs through my veins.


My life is a painting, with every single colour you can imagine blended into the next; it swirls with electrifying hues of bright and vivid colours.


And I never want to stop painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment